Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Update on no-ball rates

It's been a few years since I wrote this, noting the sharp decline in the no-ball rate in ODI's since the start of Twenty20. The trends don't appear to be a blip, as we now have three more years of data to look at, and the evidence is pretty solid:

This time I haven't got funny French dates on the x-axis.

The drop-off is also quite visible, though not as dramatic, in Tests:

No prizes for guessing when the front-foot law was introduced.

In less than a week, my almost month-long holiday from work will be over, so the recent burst of activity on this blog will probably end. I'll have a couple more blog posts in the next few days, and then I'll probably go back to just being a commenter around the place.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]